Make Your Vote Count
After being named Africa’s leading tourist attraction by the World Travel Awards in 2020, Table Mountain has again been nominated in the same category this year. In addition, the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company (TMACC) has been nominated for the Responsible Tourism Award.
The World Travel Awards has launched its #Together initiative to show appreciation and support for the global travel and tourism industry as a steppingstone on the road to recovery in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
#Together serves as an ongoing resource of information and insights from thought leaders and decision makers to unite the global industry, pool collective knowledge, and foster cooperation.
“We are honored that the mountain has been nominated again – this time in two categories in which we have worked hard to excel. It has been a challenging year, but we continue to work behind the scenes to ensure that we remain true to our values. Being nominated and recognized serves as a huge motivation for our staff who are at the epicenter of the challenges that the industry faces,” says Wahida Parker, Managing Director of TMACC.
This year, Table Mountain celebrates its 10th Anniversary of being named one of the New7Wonders of Nature, and will be competing against Mount Kilimanjaro, the Ngorongoro Crater, Pyramids of Giza, Twiga Tours, Seas4Life and two fellow Cape Town Big Six attractions – Robben Island and the V&A Waterfront.
The World Travel Awards celebrates excellence in the tourism and hospitality industries and the winners, who will be announced in November, are determined by a voting process.
The team at TMACC are calling on all South Africans to cast their vote in support of the greater tourism industry in this year’s World Travel Awards. “Receiving an accolade of this magnitude would rejuvenate the country’s struggling tourism economy and restore hope in our sector,” says Parker.
Voting for the World category closes at midnight on 9 August 2021. To vote for Table Mountain and the Cableway, visit www.worldtravelawards.com/vote.
How can you cast your vote?
· Register for an account to cast your vote at www.worldtravelawards.com/vote.
· A verification email will be sent to your email account, and you will need to click the verification link to verify your email address before you can login to cast your vote
· Remember, nominees are listed alphabetically within each award section.
· Scroll down to the category for Africa’s leading tourist attraction to cast your vote for Table Mountain.
· To vote for TMACC click on the Responsible Tourism Award category and select the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company.
April 14, 2022
March 17, 2022
February 24, 2022