DON’T MISS THE POINT
Although open for self-drive since July, most activities at the Cape of Good Hope nature reserve, are still restricted.
With that said, one should never miss a trip to the tip of the Cape Peninsula and share a spot with people that made history. Please make sure to follow all guidelines:
- The daily quota of a maximum of 250 vehicles per day will be allowed based on the seasonal average of 30%, however, no more than 75 vehicles are allowed in at any given time. The daily quota could be revised in terms of compliance with the lockdown regulations.
- Daily operating hours are between 08:00 to 16:00.
- A COVID-19 health-related questionnaire to be completed upon arrival at the gates, as well as mandatory temperature screenings, will be done by the staff. Visitors with a temperature screening of 37.4 degrees Celsius and above will not be allowed access. The wearing of face masks is compulsory. No mask, no entry.
- Permitted activities include self-drive vehicles limited to 3 persons per vehicle of the same household and motorbikes limited to one person per bike only.
Fishing: You will need your post office permit and either pay the day fee to fish or present a valid level 3 permit. You can also engage in Surfing, Hiking and Cycling.
Prohibited activities such as trail running, launching of vessels, braaing and picnicking are not permitted as per COVID-19 alert level 2 regulations.
- Please note that Olifantsbos- and Bordjiesrif roads; Buffelsfontein Visitor Centre; restaurant/shops, the funicular and accommodation facilities within Cape of Good Hope section currently remains closed.
- Please adhere to the speed limits within the park and only stop to take pictures from your vehicle, in designated areas provided.
Everything as we know it has been fundamentally changed by COVID-19, therefore the management is requesting guests to adhere to all official alert level 2 regulations when inside the parks including wearing masks, keeping social distance, and following transport capacity directives.
September 29, 2020
September 12, 2020
August 18, 2020